MBBS in Delhi
The capital of India, Delhi, is one of the most favorable places to study MBBS. One of the major reasons is that it is a metropolitan city and also is located in the heart of India. In terms of travel, language, food, infrastructural facilities, the amenities in Delhi remain unmatched when compared to other states. Delhi is one state where students from all over the country come to study. Also, one of the key reasons is that it has a lot of hospitals where students can practice after completing MBBS. Delhi is also known as the education hub of India as it hosts a huge number of students and has produced great talents. Delhi has both Government and Private medical colleges for students to take up the MBBS course. Also, there is just one private medical institute in Delhi and all the other institutes are Government Universities. Some of the India’s best institutes are in Delhi like AIIMS, Maulana Azad, etc. Here is the list of the top government and private medical colleges of India.
Why Study MBBS in Delhi
There are a number of reasons for why a student should opt for studying MBBS in Delhi. Here are a few of them:
- Maximum exposure- Delhi gives maximum exposure to the medical aspirants in terms of opportunities, as it has a number of hospitals and research centers for students to get a practical experience of what they study.
- Students from all over the country come to study in Delhi.
- Gazillion opportunities- In Delhi there is high OPD walk in with patients from remote locations, so the students get to work on varied cases which adds to their expertise.
- Highly developed- Delhi, being a metropolitan state, aces in economic performance, and is one of the most highly developed states in the country. It is becoming a hub for all the budding professionals who are always on a lookout for better opportunities.
- Personality Development- Delhi is a state where there are a lot of skilled professionals and who are best in their work. So, the environment is really competitive and the prospects of growing professionally and personally are really high. So, when a student will have to deal with such talented personnel, it will reflect on their personality. It has world class infrastructure and has robust transportation system. Also, one of the main highlights is that it has no linguistic barrier.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Delhi
Students who wish to take admission for MBBS in Delhi should adhere to these eligibility criteria.
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION- For a student who wants to pursue MBBS, the basic eligibility criteria is that the student should have completed his/her 10+2 examinations and must have scored minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology by a recognized board and must have English as a compulsory subject.
- AGE REQUIREMENT- The student should be 17 years of age minimum as on December 31st to apply in the medical colleges of Delhi. And according to the latest updates by the National Testing Agency the upper age limit has been removed. Candidates will have to fill an online registration form to participate in the counselling for NEET 2019.
- For General Category, student should have scored at least of 50% in 12th while for SC/ST/OBC categories, scored at least of 40% in 12th standard.
- Students need to qualify NEET UG to be eligible for studying MBBS in Delhi which is conducted by the National Testing Agency(NTA)
- For students who want to pursue MBBS in Delhi, here are a few important points to consider.
The questions of the MBBS entrance test, mainly the written ones, are a mix of chemistry, physics, and biology. The exam consists of 180 objective type questions and carries a weightage of 720 marks in total. This exam has multiple choice questions and carries 4 marks each for a right answer. In written tests, generally, there is negative marking for the wrong answers which is instructed in the paper. One-fourth mark is however deducted for every wrong answer. For the Biology section, questions are mainly focused on botany and zoology.
Every section carries the weightage of 45 marks each for Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology section. Once the results for the entrance exams are announced, a counseling letter is sent to all the successful candidates with a prospectus of detailed admission procedure.
Duration of Studying MBBS in Delhi
The duration of MBBS in Delhi is said to be 5.5 years including one year of mandatory rotatory internship. The academic course is distributed in 9 semesters. The semesters are further divided as Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical. The course of the syllabus for 1-2 semesters viz, Pre-clinical include Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology as subjects. For Semester 3-5 viz, Para-clinical, the syllabus includes Community Medicine, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical or Semester 6-9 i.e., Clinical includes Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, etc.
MBBS as a course has a styling of two degrees, i.e., Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which are usually conferred together.
After the completion of this 5.5 year course, a student is awarded the basic MBBS degree with which one can practice medicine in any place of his/her choice anywhere in India. The Medical Council of India formulates the course structure for MBBS in Delhi.
Documents Required to Apply for MBBS in Delhi
After clearing the entrance exam for MBBS i.e., NEET, the students who will be selected for counseling will have to bring original and photocopies of the documents for the verification process.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank Card
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th with passing certificates
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Domicile certificate
REQUEST CALL BACK!!
Bukovinian State Medical University
- 75+ Years Old University.
- The university is recognized and approved by MCI & WHO
- Experienced teaching faculty.
- Students get a chance to earn during Internship period of 1 year.