Madhya Pradesh, the state is located in the central part of India, consequently known as the “Heart of India”. Bhopal is its capital city and is the second largest city of the state. The state shares its boundaries with five other states, namely UP, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan. Madhya Pradesh home to many of the educational institutions and is well known for featuring medical education in the state.
Getting MBBS admission in India 2019 is never going to be facile. This is because of having competition for each seat. Lakhs of students aspire to get MBBS admission in those limited number of seats in medical colleges. And there comes Madhya Pradesh as one of the succeeding state of India to facilitate MBBS admission in reputed and approved government and private colleges of the state. The state is accomplished with all latest technologies and delivers a standard level of education in their medical colleges.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS admission in Madhya Pradesh
- Candidate should be the citizen of India.
- He/She must be at least of 17 years old as on before 31st December of the year.
- Upper age limit will not be restricted.
- Candidates must have passed in 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and English as their compulsory subject.
- For General Category, student should have scored at least of 50% in 12th while for SC/ST/OBC categories, scored at least of 40% in 12th class.
- Should qualify in NEET UG Entrance exam to be eligible for MBBS admission in Madhya Pradesh.
- It is obligatory to be the Domicile of the state in order to get admission for MBBS in Madhya Pradesh 2019.
- Wards of All India Government Service employees or Freedom Fighters will not be eligible for domicile criteria for MBBS admission in Madhya Pradesh.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Madhya Pradesh
The application form for MP MBBS admission 2019 will be released soon after NEET result declaration in the first week of June and the admission procedure of MBBS admission is conducted by the Department of Medical Education (DME), Madhya Pradesh. The state defines its eligibility criteria to fill the application form. Students who will able to secure minimum percentile in NEET Entrance exam 2019, will be favorable for MBBS admission in Madhya Pradesh. The 15% of the MBBS/BDS seats are reserved for the All India Quota Seats, and are counseled by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The rest of the 85% (2914 seats) is in the hands of state government for counseling.
After the declaration of merit list by the state government, qualifying candidates will be called for the counseling procedure. The governing body will conduct counseling twice for MBBS in Madhya Pradesh 2019 and once in the mop-up round. Candidates have to choose for the colleges and course, then, according to their rank in the state merit list, admission will be granted.