MBBS in Maharashtra
Due to multiple numbers of government and private medical colleges, MBBS in Maharashtra is the popular choices among students. In Maharashtra, anybody can participate in counseling for admission in deemed university, but for the government colleges, private colleges only those candidates can apply who have a Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra. Those candidates who have cleared matriculation and higher secondary from the state of Maharashtra and have a domicile/ residence certificate establishing them as residents of that state will be eligible to avail the 100% state quota for MBBS/BDS private colleges. The total seats in government colleges for MBBS in Maharashtra are 3060, and total seats of MBBS in private colleges are 2070. The total Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) seats in government medical colleges in Maharashtra 2019 are 260 and in private medical college’s seats is 2300.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Maharashtra
The admission procedure to take admission in MBBS and BDS course in 2019 is done on the basis of National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) scorecard, governing by NTA (National Testing Agency), and the NEET exam will be conducted on Sunday, May 2019. Apart from MBBS and BDS courses, the admission for BHMS, BASLP, BP&O and BSC (Nursing) courses will also depend upon NEET score. This is the first time when the NEET exam is conducted by the National testing agency (NTA). Before then, the exam for appearing in MBBS and BDS, it was conducted by the Central board of secondary education (CBSE) board.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in Maharashtra
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION – For a student who wants to pursue MBBS, the basic eligibility criteria is that the student should have completed his/her 10+2 examinations and must have scored minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology by a recognized board and for SC/Obc/ST category they must have to scored 45% percent marks.
- AGE – In order to apply for the medical entrance test, the applicant must have attained an age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission. As per new guidelines, the upper age limit is removed.
- NATIONALITY- Candidates of Indian nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for MBBS in Maharashtra.
- The students also need to give entrance exam i.e., NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. Students need to score minimum 50th percentile for General category, 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC and 45th percentile for those who fall under general category but are differently abled.
Duration of Studying MBBS in Maharashtra
The duration of MBBS in Maharashtra is said to be 5.5 years including one year of mandatory rotatory internship. The actual academic course is distributed in 9 semesters. The semesters are further divided as Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical. The course of the syllabus for 1-2 semesters viz, Pre-clinical include Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology as subjects. For Semester 3-5 viz, Para-clinical, the syllabus includes Community Medicine, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical or Semester 6-9 i.e., Clinical includes Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, etc.
MBBS as a course has a styling of two degrees, i.e., Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which is usually conferred together.
After the completion of this 5.5-year course, a student is awarded the basic MBBS degree with which one can practice medicine in any place of his/her choice anywhere in India. The Medical Council of India formulates the course structure for MBBS in Maharashtra.
After clearing the entrance exam for MBBS i.e., NEET, the students who will be selected for counseling will have to bring original and photocopies of the documents for the verification process.
- NEET Admit Card
- NEET Rank/Score Card
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th with passing certificates
- Category Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport size photographs
This is the second most popular state and third largest state by area in India. This is located in the west region of India and the Arabian Sea borders it to the west and from south, it’s connected by Karnataka and Goa, Telangana and Chhattisgarh to the east, Madhya Pradesh to the north. The climate of Maharashtra is a typical monsoon climate, with rainy, hot and cold weather seasons. The state has a multi-mode transportation system with the biggest road network. The transport system of Mumbai consists of transport by land, water, and air; it includes rail, bus, metro, road, and off-road transport. The health care system consisted of more than 363 rural government hospitals, 23 district hospitals, and 4 general hospitals. This state also has a remarkable number of medical practitioners who hold the degree of Bachelor of Ayurved, medicine and surgery qualifications. The state has much famous government and private instructions for pursuing MBBS and BDS.
REQUEST CALL BACK!!
Bukovinian State Medical University
- 75+ Years Old University.
- The university is recognized and approved by MCI & WHO
- Experienced teaching faculty.
- Students get a chance to earn during Internship period of 1 year.
For free MBBS admission guidance
For free MBBS admission guidance
Top Private Medical Colleges in Maharashtra
Maharashtra is the most popular destination for the candidates, who wants for seeking admission in top medical colleges of India.