MBBS in Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu, a south Indian state, which has a number of medical institutions. Its capital is Chennai. It shares its border with three states, i.e. Karnataka, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh. There are various top reputed universities those offer UG & PG medical and dental courses. Many candidates visit here to complete their graduation and post graduation in medical field. The average literacy rate of this state is 80.09%.
Health plays a crucial role in any developing country or state. Every country/state needs well competent manpower to manage health-related problems. The health education department of every state plays a vital role to promote healthy desires.
Tamilnadu, which is a most literate state in India and also known for its rich literature. Tamilnadu is the best state for those who want to take admission in top MBBS/BDS colleges. The state has 69% reservation for minorities. Tamilnadu has an extensive transport network that connects all parts of the state. Moreover, Tamil Nadu government is planning to add at least 350 more seats. The number of colleges will increase from 22 to 24, said Director of Medical Education.
Duration of studying MBBS in Tamil Nadu
The duration of MBBS in Tamil Nadu is said to be 5.5 years including one year of mandatory rotatory internship. The actual academic course is distributed in 9 semesters. The semesters are further divided as Pre-clinical, Para-clinical, and Clinical. The course of the syllabus for 1-2 semesters viz, Pre-clinical include Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Physiology as subjects. For Semester 3-5 viz, Para-clinical, the syllabus includes Community Medicine, Pathology, Forensic Medicine, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical or Semester 6-9 i.e., Clinical includes Community medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology), Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, etc.
MBBS as a course has a styling of two degrees, i.e., Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, which are usually conferred together.
After the completion of this 5.5 year course, a student is awarded the basic MBBS degree with which one can practice medicine in any place of his/her choice anywhere in India. The Medical Council of India formulates the course structure for MBBS in Tamil Nadu.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS Admission in Tamil Nadu
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION – For a student who wants to pursue MBBS, the basic eligibility criteria is that the student should have completed his/her 10+2 examinations and must have scored minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology by a recognized board.
- AGE – In order to apply for the medical entrance test, the applicant must have attained an age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission. As per new guidelines, the upper age limit being 25 years of age for unreserved category candidates and 30 years of age for reserved and PwD category candidates.
- NATIONALITY- Candidates of Indian nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), and Foreign Nationals are eligible
- The students also need to give entrance exam i.e., NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) conducted by NTA from 2019 onwards. Students need to score minimum 50th percentile for General category, 40th percentile for SC/ST/OBC and 45th percentile for those who fall under general category but are differently abled.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Tamil Nadu
NEET 2019 Admit Card will be released from 15th April 2019. The exam will be conducted through pen, paper based mode. National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is organized by the NTA (National testing Agency) once in a year by NTA. It is the only national level medical entrance exam. It is organized for providing admission in MBBS, BDS & Ayush courses offered by all Indian Medical colleges. In order to get admission in medical courses in abroad, candidates have to qualify the NEET UG exam. Here we are providing details about NEET 2019 exam, including exam date; admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, etc.
Here are simple steps which students need to follow during the process of admission.
- Be updated with the notifications and the date on DME (directorate of medical education) website regarding MBBS application form of Tamil Nadu.
- Candidates, who fulfill all the criteria of the government of Tamil Nadu for MBBS/BDS, can fill the form.
- Download the Application form and submitted by offline mode.
- When filling the MBBS admission form aspirants need to enter NEET marks, rank details, domicile category, communication and other relevant details.
- Once aspirant filled the exam form, they need to send other related documents to the address that provided after filling the counselling form.
- Based on the NEET marks fill by the candidate, the concerned authority will prepare the merit list of MBBS/BDS of Tamil Nadu for admission to 85% state quota seats. While, from all the government and deemed medical and dental colleges, 15% seats will be reserved for candidates shortlisted for All India Quota seats.
Candidates must carry the some documents in original to produce at the time of document verification.
- NEET 2019 Admit Card
- NEET 2019 Rank Card
- 12th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- 10th Mark Sheet & Passing Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Passport-size Photographs
REQUEST CALL BACK!!
Bukovinian State Medical University
- 75+ Years Old University.
- The university is recognized and approved by MCI & WHO
- Experienced teaching faculty.
- Students get a chance to earn during Internship period of 1 year.