The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test postgraduate (NEET PG) is an entrance examination test for postgraduate medical courses in government or private medical colleges in India. NEET PG is a mandatory exam for securing admission in any Post Graduate Medical Course in India. Application Forms for NEET PG 2020 has been released from 1st November 2019. The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will be conducting the exams. The last date to fill the application form of NEET PG 2020 is November 21, 2019. The exam will be held on January 5th, 2020. From 28th December onwards, applicants can download their admit cards. The result will be announced by NBE on or before January 31, 2020. At present, there are 31,415 MD/MS seats in India for Post-Graduate students. The exam centres across India has been increased to 162 from 150.
NEET IMPORTANT POINTS
|Level of Examination||National Level Examination|
|Conducting Body||National Board of Examinations (NBE)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 30 Minutes|
NEET PG 2020 IMPORTANT DATES
|01 Nov, 2019 – 21 Nov, 2019||Submission of the Applications||Online|
|07 Dec, 2019 – 15 Dec, 2019 (Tentative)||Application Correction||Online|
|05 Jan 2020||Exam||Online|
|23 Dec 2019 – 05 Jan 2020 (Tentative)||Admit Card||Online|
|31 Jan 2020 (Tentative)||Results||Online|
|03 Feb, 2020 – 08 Feb, 2020 (Tentative)||Score Card||Online|
|16 Mar 2020 – 31 Mar 2020 (Tentative)||Counseling – Round one||Online|
|02 Apr 2020 – 15 Apr 2020 (Tentative)||Counseling – Round two||Online|
|22 Apr 2020 – 11 May 2020 (Tentative)||Counseling – Mop-up round for deemed, central universities||Online|
NEET PG 2020 Application Process
The application process is ongoing. It started on November 1st and will last upto November 21, 2019. Here are the steps for the application form that can be helpful for the candidates-
- Fill the registration form
- Get your User ID and Password (SMS)
- Fill the application form- Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload your picture ( passport size, 80KB maximum, in JPG/JPEG format)
- Upload your Signature (80KB maximum, in JPG/JPEG format)
- Choose your test centre (will be confirmed only after payment of fee is successful done)
- payment of fees (debit/credit card or net banking)
- Take a print out of the application form (make sure it has the transaction id on it)
Mode of application will be online. Application fee for General and OBC is 3750 rs and for SC, ST, PWD is 2750 rs.
In case, candidates make any mistakes while filling the form then they can make corrections when NBE will open the edit window. Edit window will be open for a week after the closing of application forms. However, Candidates cannot make changes or correction in the following details-
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
- Mobile No.
- Email address
- Testing City
- Category of the candidate
Criteria of Eligibility for NEET PG 2020
- Candidate should have completed his or her MBBS degree from an institute recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
- Candidate should have completed his or her rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2020.
- Permanent or provisional medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council.
- For All India 50% Quota seats, candidates from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible. However, candidates who are nominated by the Government of India to study MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. For such candidates a signed affidavit is compulsory.
NEET PG 2020 Syllabus
- Forensic medicine
- Social and preventive medicine
- General medicine including dermatology and venereology and psychiatry
- General surgery including orthopaedics, anaesthesia, and radio-diagnosis
- Obstetrics and gynaecology
NEET PG 2020 Exam Pattern
It is extremely important to have knowledge of exam pattern. This would help in the understanding of the types of questions to expect, the total number of questions, duration of exam, subjects and marking schemes. The exam pattern of NEET PG 2020 is given below.
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based Test|
|Duration of Examination||3 hours 30 minutes|
|The medium of the Question paper||English|
|Number of Questions||300|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Marking Pattern||Correct Answer: +4 marks, Incorrect Answer: – 1 marks, Unanswered Question: 0 marks|
|Sections in the question paper||(Part A, B, and C) each containing 50, 100, 150 MCQs|
Mock Test for NEET PG 2020
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) will be releasing a demo test for NEET PG 2020 on December 20, 2019. This test will help all the candidates who are appearing for the entrance exam.
NEET PG 2020 Result
The results will be announced by January 31, 2020, in online mode. The results will contain roll number, All India Rank and marks (out of 1200). The authority will also release the NEET PG scorecard 2020 in the first week of February through online mode. The result of NEET PG 2020 indicates whether a candidate has qualified in the exam or failed. Candidates need to secure the minimum cutoff percentage in order to be included in the rank list of the NEET PG 2020 result.
Cutoff for NEET PG 2020
The following table shows the lowered NEET PG cutoff 2020 along with the previous years cutoff.
|Category||Old Qualifying Cutoff in percentile||Old Cutoff scores (out of 1200)||Revised Qualifying Cutoff||Revised Cutoff scores (out of 1200)|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th||317||39th||291|
NEET PG 2020 Counselling
NEET PG counselling 2020 will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee). The qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in NEET PG 2020 counselling.
All India Counselling of NEET PG 2020 is for
- All India 50% quota
- Medical Educational Institutions of Central Govt.
- AFMS Institutions
- Universities established by an act of Parliament
- Deemed Universities
NEET PG 2020 counseling of state-level is for
- State Quota Seats in Government/Private Medical Institutions in State Institutions established by State or Govt.
- Universities established by an Act of State / Union Territory Legislature, society, Municipal Bodies Trust, Company or Minority Institutions.
The provisional first allotment list of NEET PG counselling 2020 will be released by MCC. The final result will be made available once the seats are allotted, aspirants need to provide an option for up-gradation and also download the allotment letter. The final step is to report to the allotted college with the relevant documents.