All About NEET UG 2020
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is conducted annually by the National Testing Agency(NTA) for getting admission to various medical courses. NEET is conducted not only for MBBS but clearing this exam makes you eligible for many other medical courses such as BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary and several other medical and paramedical courses in India. With around 15 lakhs candidates and 154 centres across India, NEET is the exclusive medical entrance exam in the country.
NEET UG Entrance Exam
Students need to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for getting admission to the medical courses in India. It is the only entrance exam meant for all the medical courses in both governments’ as well as private medical colleges. Earlier, JIPMER and AIIMS used to conduct their own separate entrance exams but these two examinations were cancelled in 2019, and now NEET is the only medical entrance test in the country. NEET 2020 prospectus is available in ten different languages.
Eligibility Criteria for Apply for NEET UG 2020
Candidates need to fulfil certain criteria to be eligible for appearing in the NEET-UG 2020 entrance examination. Take a look at the eligibility requirements to apply for the exam.
|Minimum marks required to qualify for the exam||Candidates must have scored the following in their class 12 or equivalent in each subject and in aggregate:
|Number of attempts||No limit|
NEET Application Form & How to Fill It:
The National Testing Agency has released the NEET UG 2020 Application form on December 2, 2019, in an online mode. Candidates need to follow five important steps for filling it. Keep the necessary documents ready before applying the form online.
- For registration: Candidates must enter the basic details like name, gender, email Id, and mobile number for the registration and generate the login credentials and provisional application number.
- Login to fill the application form: Login to the required website with your ID and password and fill the personal and academic details. You need to fill the details for further communication in the designated area.
- Upload necessary documents including photograph and signature: The next step is to upload the necessary documents like educational certifications, photograph (with file size 10 to 100kb in jpg format and date printed below the photograph is mandated ) and signature (file size 3 to 20kb in jpg format and signature of candidate should be clear and dark and must not in capitals.class 10 certificate (with file size between 100 kb to 400kb.
- Pay the application fee: Candidates need to pay the prescribed fee online through net banking or by using debit/credit card. You can also deposit the fee through cash deposits (e-challan) only at the SBI branches
- Print confirmation page: After you have completed all the details and made the payment, you can download the confirmation page.
NEET UG 2020 Pattern
The question paper of NEET-UG 2020 contains all the questions given in the NEET 2020 syllabus. Its question paper is expected to have a total of 90 questions from biology and 45 questions each from both physics and chemistry sections.
NEET Dress Code 2020
The National Testing Agency has set certain guidelines for dress code to avoid any malpractices, cheating and irregularities in the exam hall. Candidates need to adhere to certain dress codes to enter into the exam hall.
- Wear only half sleeve shirts/T-shirts. No full sleeves are allowed
- Clothes should be light and without any pockets, zips, big buttons or detailed embroidery
- Female candidates must avoid clothes with buttons, brooches, embroidery, and flowers. They can wear trousers and salwars.
- No shoes allowed, but candidates can wear slippers or sandals.
- Jewellery like necklace, earrings, ring, pendants, and nose ring or any other metallic item are not allowed to wear inside the exam hall.
NEET UG 2020 At A Glance
|Exam date||3rd May 2020|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Application form status||Available from 2nd December 2019|
|Last Date to submit application||31st December 2019|
|Release of NEET Admit Card||27th March, 2020|
|Provisional Answer Key download||Last week of May 2020 (after the examination)|
|Result of NEET-UG 2020||4th June 2020|