The university you choose will most likely determine what you will be doing for your working life, so making the right decision after doing comprehensive research is necessary. Here is the list of the Top 10 medical colleges in India 2019 which offer great infrastructure and great quality of education. These colleges are the best for studying medicine.
Top 10 medical colleges in India 2019 (Private)
- MS Ramaiya Medical College, Bengaluru
- KMC, Manipal/Mangalore
- Sri Ramchandra Medical College and Research Institute, Chennai
- Terna Medical College, Mumbai
- KJ Somaya medical college, Mumbai
- Kempegowda institute of medical science, Bengaluru
- St. Johns Medical College, Bengaluru
- Father Muller, Mangalore
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
Top 10 medical colleges in India 2019 (Government)
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Lady Harding Medical College, Delhi
- All India Institute of Medical Science , New Delhi
- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College (VMMC), New Delhi.
- Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai
- Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Armed forced medical collage pune
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Pondicherry
- University College of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi, Delhi
Eligibility criteria for admission in Top 10 medical colleges in India 2019
- ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION – For a student who wants to pursue MBBS from best medical colleges in India, the basic eligibility criteria is that the student should have completed his/her 10+2 examinations and must have scored minimum 50% marks in Chemistry, Physics, and Biology by a recognized board.
- AGE – In order to apply for the medical entrance test, the applicant must have attained an age of 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission. As per new guidelines, the upper age limit being 25 years of age has been removed.
- NATIONALITY- Candidates of Indian nationals, Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs), Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs), Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), and Foreign Nationals are eligible to apply for MBBS in best medical colleges in India.
- The students also need to give various other exams i.e., NEET (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) to reserve their place in the 15% of the total seats of dental and medical courses. To get admission into MBBS programme, students also apply for CET, AIMEE, AIIMS and, JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam.
Why MBBS from Top 10 Medical Colleges in India 2019
Now a days, students usually prefer to pursue their MBBS from abroad because distant drums sound well, but still India is one of the favorable destinations for studying best medical colleges in India owning to an umpteen reasons, especially for those students who cannot leave their family back in India or for those who have got a higher rank in the entrance exam.
- Students get chances to practice on actual dead bodies for live experiences in all the Top colleges for MBBS in best medical colleges in India.
- Another reason to study MBBS in Top 10 medical colleges in India is that the students can get to learn more about a lot of different diseases because India being a populous country is home to varied diseases and different medical cases so, students who decide to study MBBS from India can get a lot of exposure regarding that and if someone plans on practicing in India after graduating then they can have an upper hand as compared to those who pursue medical studies from abroad.
- Students don’t need to do a pre-med course like in US to get MBBS admission in India.
- After completing MBBS from best medical colleges in India, there is a lot of scope for the aspirants. They can have specialty in medical fields, civil services, research option, etc. without having to qualify the MCI screening test.
- Due to low doctor to patient ratio, there is a giant opportunity for students to advance their future in India. The ratio of doctors to patients is about 1: 1700, which is way less than the WHO (World Health Organization) standards. It is hard to believe the truth, but these are the actual circumstances of the country. India is battling with a major crisis for the healthcare professionals. So, it has led to a number of opportunities in this field.
- For students who plan on studying MBBS in Top 10 medical colleges in India for such a long period of time, they won’t have to part ways with their family and friends. They will always have moral support from their family in rough times as well, which can be really motivational.
- The duration of MBBS in Top 10 medical colleges in India is of 5.5 years, which is less than that of other destinations.
- Language is not a problem in India as the language of instruction is English.
- There can be a lot of opportunities to work in the healthcare field, in a country that is still lacking in the department. Not enough trained personnel make it a great opportunity to study from Top 10 medical colleges in India.
- If the student will study with his/her full of dedication, then he/ she will surely get chance to practice in India. As there is guaranteed job in the future.
Admission Procedure for Admission in Top 10 Medical Colleges in India
NEET is an exam that students have to give to get admission in Top medical colleges in India. For students who want to pursue MBBS in India, here are a few important points to consider. The questions of the MBBS entrance test, mainly the written ones, are a mix of chemistry, physics, and biology. The exam consists of 180 objective type questions and carries a weightage of 720 marks in total. This exam has multiple choice questions and carries 4 marks each for a right answer. In written tests, generally, there is negative marking for the wrong answers which is instructed in the paper. One-fourth mark is however deducted for every wrong answer. For the Biology section, questions are mainly focused on botany and zoology. Every section carries the weightage of 45 marks each for Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology section. Once the results for the entrance exams are announced, a counseling letter is sent to all the successful candidates with a prospectus of detailed admission procedure to commence their studies for MBBS in best medical colleges in India.